View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
y-label positioning 
New pChart user
New pChart user

Post y-label positioning
Hi there,

To give a bit of background, what I am trying to achieve is to replace the default numeric labels on the y-axis with textual labels. Ideally, what I'd like to be able to do is this:

At 1, display "Rarely"
At 2.25, display "Not often"
At 3.5, display "Sometimes"
At 4.25, display "Often"
At 5.5, display "Consistently"

In other words, I want the labels placed evenly, separated from each other by 1.25.

However, I cannot seem to achieve this, as I cannot manage to get the chart to scale at increments of 0.25 -- I can only get it to scale at increments of 0.5.

I think this should be possible using the 'Factors' parameter for drawScale, but cannot for the life of me achieve it. Could someone explain how the Factors parameter actually works? Or give me any pointers on how to achieve what I want to achieve?

Cheers,
Eric

Attachments:
File comment: I only seem to be able to place the labels at intervals of 0.5. I want to be able to place them on any interval of 0.25.
Screen shot 2012-05-17 at 5.24.25 PM.png
Screen shot 2012-05-17 at 5.24.25 PM.png [ 53.91 KiB | Viewed 4904 times ]

jQuery newsticker -- jNewsticker is a powerful news ticker with professionally designed skins, multiple animation styles and instant item loading from Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Last.fm, Tumblr and any RSS feed.
Thu May 17, 2012 7:39 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]