View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 1:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
AXIS_FORMAT_METRIC to decimal place. 
pChart user
pChart user

Post AXIS_FORMAT_METRIC to decimal place.
Hi There. Very excited to find pChart. Been setting it up for the past few days on my site, and for the most part I've managed to figure things out through your forums, documentation, and sandbox tools. But this one leaves me a little confused, and sadly I can't perform a forums search with the keywords I want because it says they are too common. Sigh. Anyway.

I need my charts to display thousands of different charts with many levels of data. In particular, however, I need to shorten some of the data on some charts. For example I want anything that is over 999 to be displayed as a k value. Like 14,500 I would like to be displayed as 14.5k Currently the labels on the side of my chart may at times show 16k, 15k, 15k, 14k, 14k, 13k, 13k, 12k. On some charts I've literally had something like 20k, 19k(x5), 18k. Those repeat numbers are unhelpful. I'd rather have something more logical, like 16k, 15.5k, 15k, 14.5k, 14k, yadda yadda.

Attachment:
featcrushednestchrts.png
featcrushednestchrts.png [ 7.22 KiB | Viewed 6391 times ]

I'm sure I must have missed something somewhere. And let me assure you, a avoid asking questions in forums unless I have tried doing extensive research on my own. My research somehow has turned up nothing.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to any help you can provided. And again, so far I'm loving your charting package.

I've attached a copy of a chart, where you can see the repeat, unhelpful, labels.

Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:53 am
pChart user
pChart user

Post Re: AXIS_FORMAT_METRIC to decimal place.
Humm, just noticed a question similar to mine posted earlier today I missed. I'll try out your suggestions in that post. If I have further problems I'll let you know. Thanks.

Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:57 am
pChart user
pChart user

Post Re: AXIS_FORMAT_METRIC to decimal place.
Great! I installed 2.0.11 and it corrected the issues I had just brought up. Wow. You all are really on the ball. Quite brilliant! Thanks a bunch!

Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]