View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 1:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
DisplayValues -- Is there a method to skip? 
Post DisplayValues -- Is there a method to skip?
Hi there, big fan of this charting class, but I'm having a problem with formatting a spline chart. I can set DisplayValues = true in the format array, but I've yet to find any way to have it skip displaying values, kind of like how LabelSkip works for the X axis. As a result, on a chart with tons of data I get a lot of overlap. Any ideas?

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:06 pm
Post Re: DisplayValues -- Is there a method to skip?
Implemented the feature myself...

Inside drawSplineChart() (or any other of the draw*Chart functions for that matter:

Right under this: $DisplayValues = isset($Format["DisplayValues"]) ? $Format["DisplayValues"] : FALSE;
Put this: $DisplaySkip = isset($Format["DisplaySkip"]) ? $Format["DisplaySkip"] : 1;

Find this:

if ( $DisplayValues )
$this->drawText($X+$DisplayOffset,$Y,$this->scaleFormat($Serie["Data"][$Key],$Mode,$Format,$Unit),array("Angle"=>270,"R"=>$DisplayR,"G"=>$DisplayG,"B"=>$DisplayB,"Align"=>TEXT_ALIGN_BOTTOMMIDDLE));

Change to this:

if ( $DisplayValues ) {
if(($Key % $DisplaySkip) == 0)
$this->drawText($X,$Y-$DisplayOffset,$this->scaleFormat($Serie["Data"][$Key],$Mode,$Format,$Unit),array("R"=>$DisplayR,"G"=>$DisplayG,"B"=>$DisplayB,"Align"=>TEXT_ALIGN_BOTTOMMIDDLE));
}

The param is called "DisplaySkip" -- works the same way as LabelSkip.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:15 pm
Post Re: DisplayValues -- Is there a method to skip?
Whoops, noticed the two DisplayValues conditionals do different things! New instructions...

Right under this: $DisplayValues = isset($Format["DisplayValues"]) ? $Format["DisplayValues"] : FALSE;
Put this: $DisplaySkip = isset($Format["DisplaySkip"]) ? $Format["DisplaySkip"] : 1;

Find this:
if ( $DisplayValues )
$this->drawText($X+$DisplayOffset,$Y,$this->scaleFormat($Serie["Data"][$Key],$Mode,$Format,$Unit),array("Angle"=>270,"R"=>$DisplayR,"G"=>$DisplayG,"B"=>$DisplayB,"Align"=>TEXT_ALIGN_BOTTOMMIDDLE));

Change to this:
if ( $DisplayValues ) {
}

Find this:
if ( $DisplayValues )
$this->drawText($X,$Y-$DisplayOffset,$this->scaleFormat($Serie["Data"][$Key],$Mode,$Format,$Unit),array("R"=>$DisplayR,"G"=>$DisplayG,"B"=>$DisplayB,"Align"=>TEXT_ALIGN_BOTTOMMIDDLE));

Change to this:
if ( $DisplayValues ) {
}

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]