View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Do I need to buy a commercial license? 
New pChart user
New pChart user

Post Do I need to buy a commercial license?
Hi there,

I have just read the different license options for pChart and would like some help identifying the category that I fit into. I am creating a statistics website that is free to use but I will be profiting from Google adwords/ advertising based off of traffic (to support fees of operating the site). If I integrate pChart into the website it will not be a main feature or focal point of the site nor be responsible for the traffic the site generates.

Can I get away with the Free license or Single Web server license?

thank you!

Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:06 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Do I need to buy a commercial license?
if your website is freely provided to the world then the GPL license applies ;o)

Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:05 pm
Profile WWW
New pChart user
New pChart user

Different case, same question:

For our marketing team a web-based client analysis software has been developed by myself. I want to provide them with some nice charts and came across pChart, but now I do not know whether I have to buy a license. The page will only be used in our intranet and maybe by some of our partners using some kind of VPN. There are no plans selling the tool or charging our partners any fees - OK, maybe the will spend me a beer some day :lol: .

In short, the page is free (but not the whole world obviously), but heavily used in a commercial way.

Well, you know the question 8-)

Thanks in advance.

Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:25 pm
New pChart user
New pChart user

Is there a document available with the terms of the commercial license ? I could not find anything on the License page.

Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:29 pm
New pChart user
New pChart user

Hi all! I am a web app developer who is currently working on an internal sales CRM for a small insurance agency. I was wondering if I can get away with the single server license for this product since we are only 'selling' it once to our client. If not, it would be a shame because 500 euros is too steep for us. :/

Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]