View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Bar Chart Labeling Issue 
Regular pChart user
Regular pChart user

Post Bar Chart Labeling Issue
Hi I have a question. Not sure if this is a possible bug, or if there is a setting I am missing. I have a bar chart that I have created to where I have placed the labels outside of the bars. I have also adjusted the labels angle so that instead of being horizontal with each bar, I have adjusted it so it is pointing vertical, I set the angle at 90. So I guess I have modified the code in a way that it was not appropriated for. However I have now noticed when I do this, that the label can end up outside of the graphing area( the area that has the cross hatched lines for the graph). I don't know if there is a place I can adjust to make sure that the label stays within the graphing area, or if the label was not meant to point this direction. I have attached a screen shot of an example. I am currently trying to adjust the scale manually based off the highest value of my data, and then adding enough padding to the scale and then also setting the factor to 10, so it only adjust the scale by a factor of 10. I don't know if this is the correct method or not, or if there is an easier way.

Attachments:
example.drawBarChart.vertical.php.png
example.drawBarChart.vertical.php.png [ 16.68 KiB | Viewed 5149 times ]
Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:57 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Bar Chart Labeling Issue
Hi,

Workaround would be really tricky as it involve to compute this dynamic label size while creating the scale to be sure that it will fit in the chart area.

I have no plans yet for this : sorry :(

Kind regards,
JD.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:05 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]