View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Regarding Line Charts 
Regular pChart user
Regular pChart user

Post Regarding Line Charts
Basically I need a line chart that skips void values and draws lines between any two non-VOID values. It would also be great if I could make some plot-like points around the existing values.

Cheers! :)

Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:48 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Regarding Line Charts
Hi,

The VOID management topic has been discussed here : Breakless VOIDs.

Regarding the plot overlay, you can to the same way than in pChart v1, 1st draw your line or spline chart then draw a plot chart on top ;o)

JD.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:42 pm
Profile WWW
Regular pChart user
Regular pChart user

Hey,

I just discovered the article. However, it does not seem to work if there are more than one missing points. Or is it a new feature?

Sorry for continuously hassling you, but I really need to get a project done, and my client NEEDS a line chart to plot a discrete set. *faceroll*

**EDIT**
I understand that this is implemented in 2.0.12. Where / when can I get it? :D

Cheers!

Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:55 pm
Regular pChart user
Regular pChart user

Another one.. Any way to make the lines thicker? I tried some keywords, but none worked.

**EDIT to avoid spamming**
Any way to make the line start from (0,0) without actually adding a point? I want to draw a plot graph on top of the line graph and that point would look rather ugly. Also, I would like the 0 point not to show on the X axis, but the line to start from the origin.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:35 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've sent you the pre-2.0.12 link by PM.

The line weight can be adjusted with the [url=http://wiki.pchart.net/doc.dataset.setserieweight.html]setSerieWeight()[url] function by default it's set to the smallest drawable value. This setting only applies to line and spline (2.0.12) charts.

Can you show me a screenshot of what you want to do? I'm not sure to catch the (0,0) question ;o)

Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:58 pm
Profile WWW
Regular pChart user
Regular pChart user

This is what I (and by that I mean "my client") want. Ignore the text, please, it's in Romanian. So, basically there should be a mock point at the intersection of the axes.

Also, setSerieWeight doesn't seem to have any effect. Could it be because of the unreleased version?
Also, could I remove a single point from a serie, or remove some series and add them again with the point removed, and with the same colour?

Cheers!

Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]