View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 11:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Documentation issue and Fixed Scale question 
Post Documentation issue and Fixed Scale question
Hi there,

So, I'm trying out the new pCharts. Very nice.

I wanted to write you with a question and a documentation bug.

1) How do I set a fixed scale?

I have a series of measurements that will always fall between -10 and 50. I always want to plot these on a -10 to 50 scale. Even if the series values (for one specific graph) is only -2 to 24, I still want to plot it on the same consistent scale of -10 to 50, so that the scale is consistent between two separate graphs.

I can't seem to find any way to set a fixed scale (like I could with pCharts 1.x)

I am guessing this should be set with drawScale( $Format ), but how to do so is not readily apparent. To complicate things, I am using 4 Y-axis on these graphs. The drawScale doesn't seem to differentiate between what $Format settings are being applied to what Y-axis.

So, I am really confused.

2) On the documentation page: http://wiki.pchart.net/doc.dataset.setaxisdisplay.html

The both sets of example parameters are labeled 'Format' parameters, but I'm assuming the first set of parameters should really be labeled 'Mode' parameters.

Thanks in advance,
Shane Metler

Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:06 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Documentation issue and Fixed Scale question
Hi Shane,

Thanks for your feedback --really appreciated. I've modified the documentation, indeed it was a typo.

Regarding the fixed scale, it's good that you've raised this topic. It will be implemented in the next subversion (2.0.12), and will be on a per-axis basis.

I'll keep you posted.

Kind regards,
JD.

Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:25 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]